Getting your yearly influenza (flu) shot from West Valley Urgent Care is a quick and convenient way to help protect yourself from the flu. By immunizing yourself, you also help to prevent the spread of the flu.
Every year in August, our urgent care clinics stock that season’s flu vaccine. That way, you can get your flu shot as soon as possible.
Advantages of early vaccination:
- Ensures that you are prepared in advance for flu season, which can sometimes start in October.
- Will give your body time to become fully immune, since it takes about two weeks for antibodies to completely develop after receiving the vaccine.
Protecting yourself and your family against the flu is important. West Valley Urgent Care offers walk-in flu shots at all three locations. We make it affordable and convenient to get the vaccines you need, and we offer flu shots for all ages. When it’s getting close to flu season, and you’re wondering, “Are there flu shots near me?”, find a West Valley Urgent Care location.
We have 3 office locations: Glendale/Peoria (623) 334-8671, Phoenix/Avondale (623) 218-0782, Surprise/Sun City (623) 691-7748
When school is in and schedules can get hectic, West Valley Urgent Care is here to help take your child’s sports physicals and school physicals off your to-do list! Our qualified healthcare professionals will review your child’s medical history and perform a physical exam to determine that they are ready to join school activities or participate in sports. Physical exams are important in making sure your child is healthy and able to participate in physical activities with minimal risk of injury.
Youth School Physicals & Sports Physicals (18 and under)
- What: School or sports physicals.
- Where: At any West Valley Urgent Care location in the Glendale-Peoria, Phoenix-Avondale, Surprise-Sun City areas.
- When: Anytime! We’re open Monday thru Friday. Our Surprise-Sun City location opens on Sundays.
- Why should I get my child’s school physical now? Most schools require an updated physical prior to the start of the school year (and some, even before sports tryouts). Additionally, many doctor’s offices and other urgent care facilities become very busy at the start of the school year. The sooner you get your child’s physical, the less time it will take from your already busy schedule!
What to expect during your child’s school and/or sports physical
- Be prepared to discuss your child’s past injuries and/or current treatments, conditions, allergies or medications with the provider during your physical visit
- Insurance is not accepted for youth sports physicals. However, you are welcome to submit your receipt to your insurance provider for reimbursement
- A sports physical should not replace your child’s annual check-up with their primary care provider or family physician
Why West Valley Urgent Care for your kids’ youth physical?
- Walk-ins are always welcome. Same-day and next-day appointments are available.
- Free Wi-Fi available while you wait.
- Comfortable patient suites.
- We have 3 office locations: Glendale/Peoria (623) 334-8671, Phoenix/Avondale (623) 218-0782, Surprise/Sun City (623) 691-7748